Accidentally deleted some data off your Smartphone? Are you now looking for a way to get it back? Well, this is a common problem faced by many. A shutdown or hang at an unfortunate moment can often cause the deletion of a much-needed file. But luckily, there are several ways in which you can restore these files. And this article we are going to show the various ways in which you can bring that about.
Method 1: Using cloud services
There is a designated cloud service on every kind of OS out in the market. And if that is not enough, you can even use other clouds as well. But the basic idea is the same everywhere. You download the data that you had uploaded earlier.
1. Google services
Storing your contacts on your google account is not as mind-blowing as it used to. Everyone does it now. But if you still don’t know here is how.
- Go to contacts.
- Select settings or import option.
- You will see options to move all your contacts to your google account, choose it.
- If you ever lose your contacts, just Sync your account and you will have them back in no time.
Other Google apps such as google drive can be used to upload your other data including photos, videos, and documents. Here is how you use it.
- Install the google drive app on your mobile.
- Open it.
- From the menu click on the New button and then choose File upload.
- Select the file that you want to upload and hit Open.
You can even go to your phone’s settings and tinker with the Backup settings to set it to upload automatically.
Onedrive is a Microsoft service that is designed for windows phone but can be used on Android as well. The basic concept and procedure stand the same here as well. And you can choose to either upload files when you want or set it on automatic upload.
As you guessed, it is the service specifically reserved for iPhone users. You can store all sorts of data that you can retrieve later.
2. Recovery software on PC
Recovery software have come a long way since their inception. While earlier versions could only be used to restore certain types of data, the one’s today can recover several kinds. And that too across a wide range of devices.
1. Disk Drill
The creators of this software, CleverFiles, are among the pioneers of data recovery in the technical globe. The software is very efficient and one of the best of it’s kind.
- You can use it to salvage deleted photos, videos, documents, music and much more.
- In addition to bringing back files from the dead, you can also use it to restore damaged and corrupted files.
- The app works well on all versions of windows as well as in a wide variety of phones.
2. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
This software will be very useful to you if you are an Android user. It has a user-friendly interface that will allow you to restore files with great ease.
- It allows you to retrieve data from both internal memory as well as the external memory of your phone.
- You can use it to restore lost contacts, call logs, photos, videos, SMS, Whatsapp note and so on.
- It works well with a lot of Android companies including Sony, LG, Motorola, Samsung and so on.
3. Data Recovery Apps on Android
A simpler version of the recovery apps that you could use on your mobile phone would be much more efficient. Well, that is exactly the concept behind data retrieving apps.
1. Dumpster Recycling Bin
Dumpster is one of the best apps out there that you can use on your Android device to restore the files that you have lost. You can even restore your lost apps using this app. Here is how you use it.
- Notify the app and then proceed to open it.
- Browse through and choose the files that you want to recover.
- Choose the OK button and that is all you need to do.
2. EaseUS MobiSaver
It is the easiest app out there to use on Android. You can use it to restore a wide range of file formats including photos, videos, contacts, call logs, SMS, and WhatsApp. Furthermore, you can search for files according to their size as well as their deletion time. You can use it as shown.
- Open the app.
- Begin the scan. Enter the details of the search when asked.
- Select the files that you want to restore.
- Choose the Recover option.
So these are the various ways in which you can recover the lost data from your smartphone. Now that you know these, you can easily restore your lost files.