Those, who are unaware of the fact that Twitch is a live streaming video platform that is owned by a subsidiary of Amazon known as Twitch interactive. Users can use the website to live stream their video games and enjoy the eSports competition. Apart from this users are allowed for streaming music broadcast also. Now if you are a gamer, then you must know, How to host someone on Twitch.
We will be explaining How to host someone on Twitch in depth. To host someone, there is a host mode that is available in the channel features on Twitch. This host mode gives the ability to all the broadcasters to broadcast on their channels. Let us know more about this host feature, and we will also walk you through the Peculiar features that Twitch offers.
How to Host someone on Twitch? – Features
- Hosting is most popular amongst Twitch streamers. This gives the ability to the Twitch streamers to host another channel’s live stream to their audience.
- This gives an added benefit in the name of promotion of other Twitch channels. Side by side it also makes sure that the Twitch account of the one who is broadcasting is kept active.
- Apart from this, you are allowed to add plenty of channels in your host list.
- You can add as much as ten channels which give you more than 40 hours of uptime on a weekly basis.
- There is a restriction to this though, that limits you to host one channel at a time and up to 3 total channels given in the 30 minute period.
- You can host via the host mode, the Twitch app and even using the cheat menu that is built right into your channel.
- The channel which is hosting the live stream gets All the credits from their user base.
- Apart from this you will also be able to advertise and can generate revenue.
So far so good, why hosting is beneficial? Let us figure it out in the next section.
Must Read – Discord Update Failed : Fix
Twitch Hosting Benefits
As it has been already mentioned that hosting allows the agreement between two different Twitch account holders. This enables one Twitch account to promote the content of others, and the one who is hosting the content gets to remain active as they are not creating any new content.
Hosting is a great way to show the audience what sort of streamers they should watch and whom you love the most in the Twitch community.
Furthermore, it also allows a certain degree of free promotion of your channel.
Enhances the encouragement amongst the community.
Viewers of the broadcaster can share the latest networking tips and concepts and thus make healthy relationships.
So now the question comes how you can go ahead and host someone else on your Twitch account.
This brings us to the next topic, ‘How to host someone on Twitch.’
How to use the Host mode?
You can host someone on your Twitch account by mainly three methods. The first one includes the use of a host feature on the Twitch website using a web browser. Alternatively, you can also use the chat feature, And you can also use the Twitch app to host. Here is a step by step tutorial on How to host someone on Twitch.
Please follow the guide carefully and follow the steps for hosting someone on Twitch successfully.
How to host someone on Twitch via the Twitch App?
On Android Devices
The Twitch app can be downloaded on both Android and IOS devices. You can download Twitch via the Google Play Store on Android devices and the App Store on iOS devices.
- Head over to the Google Play Store on any Android device and look for the Twitch app.
- Open the first result and tap the install button to begin the installation.
On iOS Devices
Similarly, on an iOS device, open the app store application and look for the Twitch app, then tap on the Get button to install the app on your iPhone or iPad.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Twitch app. you are supposed to enter your login credentials so that the app can access your account.
Steps to Host:
- Now click on the gear icon that is present in the top section of your account within the Twitch app.
- Now from the drop-down list make sure to choose the host option, this option will enable you to select the channel that you want to host.
- Now enter the name of the channel that you want to host.
- The app will figure out and connect you to the channel’s owner.
- Once the request is accepted, you’ll be able to host their content via your channel.
How to host someone on Twitch via the website?
If you are on your PC or Mac, then you can host someone on your channel by logging into your account using a web browser.
- First of all head over to the Twitch website and use your login credentials to enter in.
- Once you have entered in your Twitch account, you are supposed to go to the dashboard.
- But before that, make sure to copy the name of that which account of the user you want to host on the channel.
- Now open your channel’s chat window and type in the following command /host followed by the name of the channel that you just copied.
- This will show you the option to host their content on your channel.
- Send a request and wait for the other person to accept it.
- Once your request is accepted, you will be able to host their content via your channel.
Tips to host someone on Twitch
The Twitch community follows certain guidelines and wants every other user to follow them. It has been done to make sure to build a harmonious relationship with one another.
- You should respect every broadcaster on the Twitch platform.
- The whole agenda should be focused on promoting every Twitch account.
- You can also enable the auto host feature that enables you to increase the viewership gradually.
- Furthermore, even in the auto host mode, you can manually host the channel.
- Now, the host mode is enabled with chat rooms. Even if you don’t have any video or audio content to stream for your users, you can connect with them and the moderators via text.
- There are several chat rooms that are not built in the chat room community within Twitch where you can connect with other members.
Here are some of the disadvantages of hosting someone else’s content on your channel.
The most important one is any message that is designated by you for your follower’s stage hidden and therefore becomes less prominent. Apart from that the channel Discovery isn’t that easy. You need to do some extra work in finding your target audience as the channels are not ranked by the content present in them.
So, now that you are aware of how to host someone on Twitch, you can easily host anyone else’s content on your channel and gain more viewership. Apart from this what do you think about the present scenario of the Twitch community and how much involved you are in the community?
Let us know if you need more help related to How to host someone on Twitch via the comment section below.